Writing As A Small Business.pdf
Read online or download a free book: Writing As A Small Business
Publisher: IF Publishing (10 Jan. 2008)
By: Nash Black (Author)
Book format: pdf doc docx mobi djvu epub ibooks (*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.)
In days of yore, painters created portraits, writers penned stories, musicians composed and no one ever worried about being audited.
In today's world, artists need to have business savvy. Yet so many find themselves long on creativity but short on tax knowledge, and organizational and marketing skills. Writing as a Small Business is the perfect guide to help artists navigate through the world of creative self-employment.
In Writing as a Small Business, you'll learn:
* Why it is to your advantage that the IRS considers you a small business
* How to fill out tax forms
* How to engage in recordkeeping that can make you audit-proof
* How to handle advances on royalties, grants and gratuities
* Why even rejection letters are valuable
* How to protect your work and your computer from bugs
* How to prepare for the future and protect your family
And in a section specially for writers
Nash Black takes you into the world of publishing, where you learn what it takes to merchandise and sell your work.
Writing as a Small Business¿:the creative people's bible for those who work from their home.
Nash Black has the skills and experience to start you on your way and guide you through the process of an IRS audit. Their work is the first book you should add to your reference shelf after a dictionary.
Barbara Morgan, Morgan Real Estate, 47 years serving the housing needs of the Bluegrass, Lexington, KY.
|The message text:|